[LCA2019 Chat] Keeping the same Linux Conf Wifi password

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Jan 26 10:39:43 AEDT 2019

On Saturday, 26 January 2019 10:29:51 AM AEDT Marc MERLIN wrote:
> Yes, I realize that some people will be able to fly across Oz/NZ and get
> free wifi for a week without having to register for the conf, and it is
> truly terrible, but maybe we can cope?

https://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/faq/wifi/

Christchurch libraries have free wifi.  Someone who wanted wifi in
Christchurch would have been better off going to a library which probably has
a comfortable chair rather than hanging around the conference which had park
benches.

There was a time when free wifi was a big deal.  But nowadays it seems that
every library has it and it's generally fast at the library too.

That said having the same password every LCA doesn't seem like a good idea, we
don't want it on a list of free wifi passwords.  But putting it on the main
web site at the start of the conference doesn't seem harmful.