[LCA2019 Chat] Headless RPi setup

Wes Cilldhaire wes at sol1.com.au
Tue Jan 22 21:55:36 AEDT 2019

I used this[0] method to get a serial console on it, then used a normal usb-a to micro-usb cable plugged in to my laptop.  It sets up a usb serial gadget driver on the pi which presents to the host as a cdc_acm serial device then runs a getty on it.  From there I could configure networking easily, etc - though I haven't tried to connect to it via network on the conf wifi yet only my motel's wifi.

Cheers,
Wes

[0] http://www.tal.org/tutorials/raspberry-pi-zero-usb-serial-console