[LCA2019 Chat] It's time

Steven Sykes chair at lca2019.org
Sun Jan 20 06:24:59 AEDT 2019

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow it's on like Donkey Kong as we officially kick off
linux.conf.au for 2019!

Get Started
===========
We'll be starting at 9am sharp tomorrow so make sure you've got yourself
seated in one of the C block lecture theatres ready to begin. Because of
the size of the rooms we'll be streaming from C1 into C2 and C3. So if
you prefer the live version get yourself into C1 post haste.

To make the experience a little more inclusive we will be crowd
streaming from C2 and C3 into C1. This is on a closed circuit system run
by our marvellous AV team so that whoever is speaking at the 9-10am time
slot each day gets to see everyone. The streaming feed is not being
recorded.

You can find the C block lecture theatres here:
https://osm.org/go/uoyLw_0zp--?m=

Registration Desk
=================
Our airport registration desk is due to conclude at 12pm today, but if
you've missed it's not all bad. Our main registration desk will open
today from 2pm in the foyer of the C block lecture theatres at the
University of Canterbury. Even if you did register at the airport you
may still want to pop in today if you're at a loose end and collect your
swag bag.

New Comers Session
==================
Hugh Blemings will be running this session this afternoon in C1,
starting at 4:30pm. Afterwards there is an informal gathering at the UC
Staff Club from around 5:30pm, although you may wish to head there from
5pm if you choose.

The Staff Club is a beautiful building, which you can find here:
https://osm.org/go/uoyLwY9R4--?m=

Monday and Tuesday events
=========================
The Staff Club is a wonderful place to hang out, so if you want more of
it then you'll enjoy the events lined up for you.

Monday night from 5pm there is a wine tasting evening, plus on Tuesday
there's a beer tasting. Both evening run until around 9pm.

Looking forward to seeing you all very soon!

--
Steven Sykes

Chair, LCA 2019
Twitter: @linuxconfau <https://twitter.com/linuxconfau>