[LCA2019 Chat] Lightning talks

Christopher Neugebauer chrisjrn at chrisjrn.com
Fri Jan 18 08:27:45 AEDT 2019

Hello from your favourite Lightning Talk Czar!

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 13:10, John Carter <john.carter at taitradio.com> wrote:

> > I think the main issue is that there's always *too many* proposals.
>
> So break 'em up into streams and run two streams...

At LCA, there's _always_ too many lightning talks. In most years,
we've had numerous miniconfs with lightning talks, as well as plenary
lightning talks at the end of the main conference.

We experimented with curation last year to make sure that new speakers
got a chance to go on stage, and also to make sure that some of the
same old faces didn't chew up all the available time. Curation really
helped with that. It also really improved the quality, and let us make
sure we had a truly wide range of topics. I really hope we continue
curating talks into this year too.

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --