[LCA2019 Chat] Lightning talks

John Carter john.carter at taitradio.com
Fri Jan 18 08:10:04 AEDT 2019

Lightning talks are always my favourite part of any conference.

Most trilogies should be novels, most novels should be short stories, most
lectures should be lightning talks.

It's like injecting a stream of ideas straight into your cortex.

> I think the main issue is that there's always *too many* proposals.

So break 'em up into streams and run two streams...

I'm a flea that lives on the end of the long tail...

What's on a curated list of talks is what the hive mind thinks is great.

The great thing about lightning talks is it allows the long tail to wag.

--
John Carter
Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639

--
This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the

basis of the terms set out at www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer
<http://www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer>