[LCA2019 Chat] University accommodation early check in

Ewen McNeill lca2019 at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Wed Jan 16 17:02:38 AEDT 2019

Just as a heads up to anyone that is:

(a) arriving earlier than the rest, or
(b) arriving at an "unusual" time of day (not regular office hours)

It might be worth reminding the University Accommodation of when you're
arriving, particularly if it's before Sunday.

I'm staying at Sonoda Village, and found that while they did have a key
ready for me (and it was pretty easy to find someone to check me in,
late afternoon), the news hadn't made it to the cleaners/maintenance
staff, so it took a few phone calls by one of the staff to actually
track down bedding for my room :-)   (All sorted now, but it's the sort
of thing that's easier sorted "before the end of thew work" day than it
probably would be if you're arriving/trying to check in at midnight....)

Ewen