[LCA2019 Chat] Stopping somewhere during the Tranzalpine Journey?

John Carter john.carter at taitradio.com
Tue Jan 15 06:29:28 AEDT 2019

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 5:28 PM Carl Klitscher <carl.klitscher at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Last time I went through the local kea kept dive bombing the train staff
> as they attached the engines at Arthurs Pass... Common working hazard
> apparently!I just finished hiking the routeburn and going to the kepler
> track as I

Ah, one of the great reasons to go to Arthur's Pass... if you're lucky you
get to see one of the wonders of the world.

Alpine Parrots!

Parrots that _like_ mountains and snow!

Awsome, super intelligent, mischievous , wonderful playful parrots!

Sadly, endangered.

https://www.keaconservation.co.nz/

ps: If you see one, report your sighting.

https://www.keaconservation.co.nz/support-kea/kea-sightings/

--
John Carter
Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639

--
This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the

basis of the terms set out at www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer
<http://www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer>