[LCA2019 Chat] Stopping somewhere during the Tranzalpine Journey?

rossd at snap.net.nz rossd at snap.net.nz
Thu Jan 10 17:09:31 AEDT 2019

Lake Moana is a good spot. This is near Greymouth with walking
tracks.

http://golakebrunner.co.nz/walks/

If the Grey River is in
flood and your visit co-insides with high tide continue to Greymouth
walk along the sea wall to the mouth and be amazed at the fishing boats
crossing the bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huhEWxW4XFE

On
10.01.2019 13:18, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm going to take
the Tranzalpine to Greymouth and back in one day.

> Is it worth
either stopping somehere before greymouth for a few hours
> and catching
the train on its way back (missing the end of the journey)
> or possibly
even getting off the train for a full day and staying
> somewhere on the
journey?
> (it would have to be really worth it and better than a day
of
> sightseeing in Christchurch that I'd have to cut out as a result)
>

> Thanks,
> Marc
> --
> "A mouse is a device used to point at the
xterm you want to type in" - A.S.R.
> Microsoft is to operating systems
> .... what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking
> Home page:
http://marc.merlins.org/ [1] | PGP 7F55D5F27AAF9D08

Links:
------