[LCA2019 Chat] Stopping somewhere during the Tranzalpine Journey?

John Carter john.carter at taitradio.com
Fri Jan 11 07:06:30 AEDT 2019

There are also shuttle busses to / from Arthur's Pass.

I'm a mountain sort of person that loves walking / climbing / wild
beaches.. so personally I'd rather take a shuttle bus and spend as much
time as I could in the mountains.

Although be warned some walks on the map are a casual stroll from the
road... other's are straight up the side of the mountain and will take a
very fit person a (very) full day's very hard scrambling. :-)

It you're more a relax with a beer and admire the scenery from a train
sort.. apparently the Tranzalpine is one of the best (I'm told by those
into that sort  of thing)... but I suspect what you can do at Arthur's will
then be driven by the train timetable.

Last time I went to Greymouth I was singularly unimpressed by it. To me it
is around the least interesting part of the westcoast.

The wetcoast is great (but wet).... Greymouth.... not so much (but still
fairly wet). .. but I should imagine the trip to and from Greymouth would
be nice.

Mountains are weird... they are so darn big, they look best when you're a
certain magical distance away from them...

What that magical distance is, is unknown, as these mountains move.

Some days they are up close towering _there_, just over your shoulder....
other days they are purple and distant... other days... they have vanished.

--
John Carter
Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639

--
This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the

basis of the terms set out at www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer
<http://www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer>