[LCA2019 Chat] Register now for the Open Hardware MiniConf and build a self-driving model car

Jonathan Oxer jon at oxer.com.au
Wed Jan 9 12:14:59 AEDT 2019

Hi Irving,

The assembly session is to put together the physical platform that will be
used for the self-driving software, to provide a well-supported environment
for people who may not be comfortable with doing hardware assembly on their
own. The platform itself is based on the Donkey Car project which is very
well documented at www.donkeycar.com and other places, so if you feel
comfortable sourcing the necessary parts and putting together a car
yourself you can certainly do that.

Everyone is welcome to attend the OHMC from lunchtime onwards (space
permitting) even if you haven't done the morning assembly session or built
your own Donkey Car. If you're interested in the presentations and just
want to see those without doing the morning session, feel free to come
along.

It's tricky for us to coordinate pairing people up for the morning session,
but if you know of someone who wants to do it with you as a team you can
arrange it directly with them and let us know. If everyone did that we'd
run out of space in the room, but a few people working in pairs should be
fine.

Cheers

Jon