[LCA2019 Chat] Outstanding talks feedback

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Tue Feb 12 09:16:58 AEDT 2019

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 11:12 PM martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net>
wrote:

> Dear conferencers,
>
> As we're nearing the end of the conference, I'd like to ask you
> a small favour:
>
> If there was a talk (or multiple) that you thought was outstanding,
> it would be nice if you could let the papers committee know. This
> sort of information helps us with programme selection in the future.
>
> To make it as easy as possible for you, please just reply to this
> e-mail (Reply-To set to madduck+lca2019-feedback at madduck.net).
>
> Ideally, please include the URL from the programme, which would make
> my life a bit easier, as well as a sentence about why you wrote in
> about this talk.
>
> I will faithfully collect and collate all responses, and feed them
> to the other team members.

I know I'm late to the party, and there are far too many talks to list
that qualify as "outstanding" if I compare them to other conferences,
and I am deliberately excluding the keynotes which were all stellar —
I'll make this brief. Among the main conference talks, here are my top 3:

Open Source Superhumans, Jon Oxer.
https://linux.conf.au/schedule/presentation/101/

Beach Wreck Ignition: Challenges in open source voice, Kathy Reid.
https://linux.conf.au/schedule/presentation/148/

The Tragedy of systemd, Benno Rice.
https://linux.conf.au/schedule/presentation/156/

Thanks to everyone involved! It was yet another wonderful LCA.

Cheers,
Florian