[LCA2019 Chat] Outstanding talks feedback

Miss Aimee aimee at aficionado.tech
Mon Feb 4 10:48:42 AEDT 2019

The LISP talk was brilliant, it was so great, spoke on the hidden history
of computing and was delivered so well. It is one that's actually a good
one to send to students in tech aswell aka learning not just about the
history but also about the craft of programming and how sharing is in our
nature.

Oh and oh course the tragedy of SystemD, Beno really surprised me, I also
think that one could be labelled as "Counselling 101 for anyone who has
been on a mailing list talking about
Systemd" and lets face it for many of us LCA is mental health retreat ;)

I think I also do not need to mention Jon Oxers talk, I was blown away as I
know how complex those wheelchairs can be and just wow. I guess if anyone
was going to reverse engineer a multi thousand dollar piece of equipment it
was going to be Jon and his mates lol :) but yeah that talk was great
because it reminds us all of how open source fundamentally changes life for
people, and at the end of the day that's what many of us are passionate
about not building the next app for some rich kid in Silicon Valley but
fundamentally changing lives by opening up what was before a closed box :)

All in all as always top level talks,

- Aimee Maree Forsstrom